This course expands on topics learned in Handgun 1. Instruction is designed to introduce skills that students may draw upon in the event they encounter a self-defense situation. It is fast paced and may be stressful, but it will be safe!!!
Instruction will include the following*:
- Safety Brief
- Review of Shooting Fundamentals
- Basic skill-specific drills
- Target Transitions
- Positional Engagements
- Intro to Moving & Shooting
- “Skills & Drills” Matrix
- Stiff time/accuracy standards
- Lots of solid knowledge, lots of skill-specific drills
*Instruction may be modified to meet the needs/abilities of the students.
|Course Time:||3 hours|
|Prerequisite:||Handgun 1 OR ability to demonstrate proficiency|
What to Bring
- single/double-action semi-auto pistol or double-action revolver
- holster and ammo holders (pistol: 3 magazines; revolver: 3 speed-loaders)
- Round Count: 100+/-
Lethal Lovebirds has a variety of firearm rentals available (equipment reservation is required) and ammunition for purchase at the range.
- Ear and eye protection – required
- Hat (i.e., baseball cap) – required
- Dress appropriately (recommend full coverage shirt)
- Food/water for the day
- Note taking materials
- Cleaning kit and maintenance tools
Out of respect for other participants, please arrive prepared and on time to avoid disrupting a course in progress. Unless otherwise posted, spectators are not allowed.
To make skills useful, they must be practiced to a point of real returns, real proficiency. Training should be intentional and directed at long term gain in ability and understanding, not short term satisfaction and success. Students who acknowledge skill development as a long term process will achieve the most positive results.