This course focuses on the basics of firearm handling. Geared toward the first-time shooter, instruction will include the following:*
- Safety Brief
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship: Pistol
- Basic skill-specific drills
*Instruction may be modified to meet the needs/abilities of the students.
|Course Time:||3 hours|
What to Bring
- single/double-action semi-auto pistol or double-action revolver
- holster and ammo holders (recommended, not required)
- Round Count: 100+/-
Lethal Lovebirds has a variety of firearm rentals available (equipment reservation is required) and ammunition for purchase at the range.
- Ear and eye protection – required
- Hat (i.e., baseball cap) – required
- Dress appropriately (recommend full coverage shirt)
- Food/water for the day
- Note taking materials
- Cleaning kit and maintenance tools
Out of respect for other participants, please arrive prepared and on time to avoid disrupting a course in progress. Unless otherwise posted, spectators are not allowed.
To make skills useful, they must be practiced to a point of real returns, real proficiency. Training should be intentional and directed at long term gain in ability and understanding, not short term satisfaction and success. Students who acknowledge skill development as a long term process will achieve the most positive results.