Men’s Firearms Training (Live Fire) New Venue
April 24 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$60.00
What you need to know Gear:
I will provide address for the range once registered. This is a private range.
- Serviceable handgun with holster, min. two (2) magazines and a way to carry them
- on your person
- Hearing & Eye Protection available for a fee
- Note taking materials
- Cleaning kit and maintenance tools
- Comfortable clothing (we train rain or shine – dress accordingly)
- Food/water for the day
(Courses will be modified to meet the needs/abilities of the shooters):
- Safety Brief
- Ready Positions
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship: Pistol
- Presentation from the Ready
- Presentation from the Holster
- Recoil Management
- Target Transitions
- Positional Engagements
- Intro to Moving & Shooting
- “Skills & Drills” Matrix
- Stiff time/accuracy standards
- Lots of solid knowledge, lots of skill-specific drills
Round Count: 100+/- per shooter. MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN AMMO!
To make skills useful, they must be practiced to a point of real returns, real proficiency. Training should be intentional and directed at long term gains in ability and understanding, not short term satisfaction and success. Students who acknowledge skills development as a long term process will garner the most positive results.
In this class I will cover team tactics for carrying in public with a partner. I will discuss the difference between “cover” and “concealment”. We will develop a plan to how best protect your family while in public. We will simulate an attack and deal with the threat. We will simulate how to handle the kids if a gun goes off in public. It will be a fun, safe, and Informative day.